Elementary Schools, Middle & High Schools Importance:
Educational institutions are where we learn the 3 R's as well as many other things. Our desire is that education reflect the truth about God and man so that the truth shall make us free. The "fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom," and wisdom is the goal of education. There can be no true wisdom if there is no root in a proper "fear of the Lord."
Prayer Points and Scripture:
Pray for teachers and administrators who are lovers of Jesus. Pray for boldness to challenge ungodly rules in the educational system.
I Corinthians 2:12-16
Prayer: Lord, may the influencers of our children lead them in the way they should go. May they bring out the best in each child and help him/her form a sense of identity that cannot be shaken by the trauma of adolescence. May these children grow up in an atmosphere of honor that they may learn to honor those around them. Please give your angels charge over them to protect them in all their ways.
- What are the issues that impact the school my children attend or the school nearest me?
- What problems do the administrators have to deal with?
- What would enable the teachers to be more affective?
- The education issues that are discussed in the media.
- Pay attention to what people are saying and pray for what you hear.
- Bless parents to walk in integrity, and to train their children in God's ways.
- Bless teachers and administrators with wisdom, compassion, discernment and the capacity to bring out each child's strengths.
Universities & Colleges:
Prayer Points and Scripture:
Pray for students and faculty to have a hunger for truth and a curiosity about Your Word. Pray that they not be puffed up by their knowledge, but humble before God.
1 Corinthians 1:20-25
1 Corinthians 8:1-2
2 Corinthians 10:4-5
1 Timothy 2:1-3
Prayer: May the fresh wind of your Spirit blow through the college and university campuses of our land, changing hearts and mindsets to be conformed to true wisdom and true knowledge. May godly instructors rise up who can help young men and women discover and step into their true destinies. May the leaders of tomorrow learn from our mistakes and take their place to bring the Lord's influence into every walk of life.
- What is God doing and how can I support it?
- Ask God to draw your attention to a specific school or discipline that He would like you to pray for.
- Who are those that are in positions to influence the policies?
- Reports from the media about significant events, connections or trends.
- On campus Christian organizations, prayer groups, movements.
- Bless professors and administrators to know and teach the truth.
- Bless students with capacity to learn and wisdom to make good career and life choices.
- Pray that the university will have leaders who understand God's purposes and can lead the next generation toward fulfilling those purposes.